Multipitch Rock Climbing Systems (R3) Course
Student to Guide Ratio — 4:1
Schedule a date that suits you (2 days)
425 / Person
Sat, Jul 28/18 - Sun, Jul 29/18 (2 days)
425 / Person
Multipitch Rock Climbing Systems teaches the fundamental skills for ascending and descending multipitch rock climbs. It is designed for those who are confident lead climbing 5.6-7 sport rock and who want to progress to longer climbs. You will learn the multipitch system including belaying a second, rope management, transitions, route selection, and multiple rappel descents.
Develop multipitch rock climbing skills for safe and efficient travel on multipitch rock climbing routes.
- Confident identifying environmental hazards when multipitch lead climbing.
- Confident setting up the harness for lead climbing.
- Confident building anchors using bolts, cleaning anchors, and rappelling with a back-up.
- Confident assessing moderate rock grades.
- Comfortable with the lead climbing system.
- Comfortable with route selection and lead climbing strategy.
- Comfortable tying off the belay.
- Understand the multipitch lead climbing system.
- Understand route selection and lead climbing strategy on a multipitch climb.
- Understand clothing systems for rock climbing.
- Perform multipitch lead climbing and rappelling on 5.6-7 terrain.
- Discuss route selection.
- Confident belaying a lead climber.
Confident top roping 5.8-9 and leading single pitch 5.6-7 terrain.
- Confident building simple anchors using bolts, cleaning anchors, and threading anchors for lower or rappel.
- Confident coiling a rope.
- Confident tying the following knots: Figure 8, Rewoven Figure 8, Figure 8 on a Bight, Overhand, Slippery Overhand.
- Confident tying the following hitches: Clove, Prusik.
*Prerequisites are recommended for an optimum learning opportunity.
If you have questions about how your experience relates to the prerequisites, please contact us at email@example.com.