Intermediate Alpinism (A3) Course
Student to Guide Ratio — 4:1
Schedule a date that suits you (6 days)
2925 / Person
Intermediate Alpinism focuses on developing confidence, efficiency, and autonomy in alpine terrain. It is designed for those with alpine experience who desire to take their climbing to the next level. You will receive mentorship on your planning and execution of alpine objectives. There are 3 group (1:4 ratio) days, 1 direct mentorship (1:2 ratio) day where you will lead the rope team, and 1 self-directed day where you will climb with another student on the course.
Develop the skills necessary to travel safely and enjoyable through intermediate snow, ice, and rock terrain in the alpine, while improving efficiency in mountaineering and introductory alpine terrain.
- Confident navigating introductory alpine terrain using map, compass, and GPS.
- Confident with Peak Planning ProcedureTM and debriefing.
- Confident identifying hazards in snow, ice, and rock alpine terrain.
- Confident with crevasse rescue systems.
- Confident with multi pitch anchors and ropes systems.
- Confident protecting and moving efficiently through 4th class alpine terrain.
- Confident using terrain belays.
- Comfortable protecting and moving through mid 5th class alpine terrain.
- Comfortable travelling through introductory alpine terrain.
- Comfortable with multipitch systems.
- Comfortable with placing rock and ice protection in steep terrain.
*Prerequisites are recommended for an optimum learning opportunity.
If you have questions about how your experience relates to the prerequisites,please contact us at email@example.com.