Intro to Random Camping
Want to take your backpacking experience to the next level? The Rocky Mountains have endless possibilities for adventure, and gaining the right skills can open new doors of exploration. Jaw-dropping views await as you learn to venture far from the crowds, and set your own trail with this intro to random camping course.
You’ll learn about
- permitted areas
- off trail navigation and terrain management
- how to choose a camp site
- how to plan for your trip
- PLUS! you’ll get a refresher on the basics of backpacking.
The goal of this course is to help you to become a confident, competent, backcountry traveler, ready to choose your own mountain adventures.
This course includes a pre-meeting with our guide, and a three-day/two-night learning experience, hiking in the backcountry of the Rocky Mountains.
Previous backpacking experience is recommended.
- August 19 – pre-trip gear check
- August 20-22 – 2 night random camping adventure
- Other dates are available on request. Contact Stephen to inquire about availability.
$315 + tax/person
- Gear – list provided upon registration
- Park Pass
- Food and water
- we value small group sizes!
- minimum of 4 participants
- maximum of 6 participants
To register, email Stephen Beatty: email@example.com
Looking to advance your navigation skills? Try our Intro to Navigation course.