Intro to Backpacking Course
Expand your possibilities for adventure with this intro to backpacking course. So many sights, beyond reach in a single day, become accessible with the right gear and a bit of planning.
In this course, you’ll learn the basics of
- planning your trip (choosing a route, overnight stops, weather)
- what to pack (gear, clothing, food, water)
- how to minimize weight
- how to pack
- and tips for setting up camp
The emphasis on this course is teaching you to become a confident and competent backcountry camper, ready to set out on your next backpacking adventure.
Includes a pre-meeting with our guide, and a two-day/one-night learning experience in a backcountry campground.
Dates are flexible:
- Evening – pre-trip meeting including gear check
- Two-day/one night backcountry adventure
- Please contact Stephen to inquire about availability.
- $225 + tax/person
- Gear – list provided upon registration
- Park Pass
- Food and water
- We value small group sizes!
- minimum of 4 participants
- maximum of 6 participants
To register, email Stephen Beatty: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to advance your backcountry skills? Try our Intro to Random Camping course.