Improvised Rope Rescue Review Course
Student to Guide Ratio — 6:1
Improvised Rope Rescue Review is designed for people who have completed a rope rescue module or course with any company or group.
Review the basic skills required for improvised rope rescue or an injured ice or rock climbing partner.
- Confident setting up a counter balance rappel to rescue a victim below an anchor.
- Comfortable setting up a tandem rappel
- Comfortable Ascending a Rope
- Perform a series of rescue scenarios while climbing.
- Comfortable tying off a belay device using the slippery overhand knot.
- Comfortable tying off an Italian hitch using the slippery overhand knot.
- Comfortable using the “block and tackle” to escape from an irreversible system.
- Comfortable setting up a direct haul system and adding mechanical advantage.
- Comfortable lowering with a back up.